A winter morning looks beautiful when you look out of your window and find everything covered white in snow. In a few moment, the charm vanishes as you realise it’s gonna be a lot of work to shovel the ice from parkway, scrape the ice from windshield & windows of your car and clean the snow everywhere else. For all you know, next morning you are dreading the snow first thing in the morning when you wake up! Here are some quick hacks for your vehicle which can make your life lot easier and your mornings way more efficient on a snowy day:
Prevention is better than the cure:
- Raise your wipers at night and cover them with socks to prevent them from freezing to your windshield
- Park your vehicle facing the rising sun- East! If it’s not possible, mix three parts vinegar & one part water and spray the mixture onto your windshield to prevent ice from forming.
- To avoid frosty side mirrors, cover them with plastic bags secured with rubber bands while parking at night.
- Clean your headlights with toothpaste for extra brightness to increase visibility
DIY – Make your own tools & solutions:
- Ice scraper: Grab a spatula if you’re at a home, or use any plastic card in your wallet to get under the ice and scrape it away.
- Defogger: A chalkboard eraser can come handy to clear fog without leaving any smudge. Shaving creams have almost same ingredients as many commercial defoggers and leaves a layer on the window to keep the fog away.
- Unlock a frozen lock: Take a regular drinking straw and blow at the lock. Heat from your breath will melt the ice quickly. You can also rub your car key or door handle with a hand sanitizer which contains alcohol to melt the ice.
- Traction when you are stuck: Carry a few pieces of cardboards with you always, as they are best to be used for traction when stuck. You can also use your car’s floor mats if you don’t mind them being wet & dirty.
Read more such hacks here: https://goo.gl/86ocLa