If owning a car is a nightmare for you, it may be related on how well you take care of your vehicle. Here are six things can harm your car and your wallet.
- Ignoring the check engine light. If you ignore the check engine light, you should know that that could result in serious engine trouble, and sometimes, costly repairs. Do not wait and come in to see us the second your light comes on.
- Failing to change fluids and filters. You may not be aware but many fluids are required for the operation and protection of your vehicle’s many systems. Let us check all your fluid levels regularly, along with the filters. This one small visit will help your vehicle run dependably and extend its life.
- Neglecting your tires. Check your vehicle’s tires frequently for inflation and tread depth. Note that inflation changes with outside temperature. Underinflated tires usually wear out more quickly and need to be replaced sooner. Underinflated tires also negatively impact safety, gas mileage and performance.
- Not following your service schedule. Vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally. Come in for your vehicle’s routine inspections and make timely repairs. This will help your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
- Keeping a dirty car. If you do not wash your car regularly, it can lead buildup of damaging chemicals and dirt. This increases the potential for rust from road salt and may interfere with proper visibility needed for safe driving.
- Being a severe driver. If you drive smart, it will improve fuel economy. Diving smart includes observing the speed limit; avoiding aggressive driving, including quick starts and stops; not hauling unnecessary items; and keeping your vehicle properly tuned.